It is important to have your alarm system serviced at least once a year.
Regular servicing of an alarm system ensures the system’s reliability and durability.
Most insurance companies require evidence of an alarm system installed and maintained by an approved company.
It makes sense and costs less to have regular alarm servicing than breakdown repairs.
What alarm servicing includes:
- Check history of alarm system since last maintenance service
- Visual inspection of all major alarm components including cabling & connections where accessible for signs of deterioration or damage
- Check mains power supply including charging rates
- Check battery power supply including charging rates
- Check and Walk Test all detectors
- Check satisfactory operation of manually operated devices eg. panic buttons
- Check and test all audible warning devices – sirens, speakers.
- Check and test remote signalling equipment (where appropriate)
- Make adjustments as necessary
- Repair any minor faults (where possible)
- Retrain the users on the use of the alarm system (if required)
- Log all test results
- Return the alarm system to operational status